Some General Guidelines about what we are looking for:
- We generally will only accept fiction, but may consider the rare non-fiction if YOU EMAIL first and can justify why it would make a good episode.
- We DO NOT accept erotica, poetry or children’s books (YA or higher reading levels only)
- Keep your reading to 10-15 minutes in length. Nothing longer than 20 minutes will even be considered, same with less than 10 minutes.
- You book must be available for purchase on Amazon, or, yep that’s right, it will not be considered.
- You are not required to have a print version of the book, but agreeing to provide a couple of signed copies to one lucky listener, WILL be a factor in the selection process.
- This is not a review podcast. The host will not read your book unless he wants to by his own volition, so don’t ask.
- Show format consists of 5-10 minutes of banter with the host via Skype, during which we will introduce your book and set up the selection your will be reading, followed by your 10-15 minute pre-recorded reading, afterwhich we will cut back to the Skype call for 1 minute of thanks and goodbyes, the show will end with the host giving purchase and how to win a signed copy information.
- must be less than 20 Mbs in total file size
- must be at a sample rate of 44.1 KHz or higher
- must have a bitrate of at least 64 kbps (ideally 96 kbps.)
- must be Mono, NOT stereo
- must be a MP3 or an AAC/MP4 file, no other file formats can be accepted.
- must be less than 1.5 Mb
- must be either .jpg or .png, no other file formats can be accepted.
- must NOT have transparency
- must be full links, shortened links, or links that do not clearly identify to destination will not be accepted
- must NOT contain affiliate or tracking information
When you’re ready, please fill out the submission form.
You WILL NOT be considered for inclusion if you do not fill out the form correctly and that includes the format of your audio file.
Remember, the first consideration of the show is always going to be audio quality, it doesn’t do anybody any good to have a great book, but then send us a reading that nobody can hear, or that sounds like an elementary school kid is stumbling through the text.